Skip to content

Narrow screen resolution Wide screen resolution Auto adjust screen size Increase font size Decrease font size Default font size default color brick color green color
CAFCOR Forum
_GEN_GOTOBOTTOM Post Reply
TOPIC:
Adam ()
Bill 185 - Good? Bad? Insignificant? What do you think? 2007/05/11 07:25  
Bill 185 is not sufficient in terms of scope of changes but it is a step in the right direction. I think, that the Ontario condominium owners should support it. ...
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Re:Bill 185 - Good? Bad? Insignificant? What do you think? 2007/05/26 02:05  
Hello Everyone!

Well, let me begin by saying that it is very nice to be "Home Sweet Home"! Our own unit Owner website! By Owners - For Owners!

Now for Adam's comments. I agree with his assessment that unit Owners should support Bill 185 despite its lack of scope. My only real concern is that this Bill leaves much of the "teeth" to the Minister's and Cabinet's discretion through the Regulations. This can be to the benefit or detriment of unit Owners depending on whose interests those politicians feel compelled to serve. In any event, I applaud Rosario Marchese and his constituency office and Queen's Park staff in their valiant effort to forward the cause of unit Owners' rights in Ontario. Although the Bill remains on the table of the Standing Committee for General Government, it may not see 3rd Reading before the Legislature rises for summer recess. However, I fully expect to see a re-introduction of this proposed Amendment in the Legislature after the October 10th provincial election.

Post edited by: Yvon, at: 2007/05/27 19:16

Post edited by: Yvon, at: 2007/06/05 00:59
argonut ()
Re:Bill 185 - Good? Bad? Insignificant? What do you think? 2007/06/05 18:10  
Hi All

Happy to have found this site through a tip in CCI forum, and congratulations to their authors.

Agreed that Bill 185 is worth supporting and I did, writing to Rep Marchese, and inviting my MPP Mme Meilleur to support it and encourage her party to support it as well.

However, I doubt that it will make it before the end of the session.

Would it not be an idea to look at ways at modifying the Regulations
ONTARIO REGULATION 48/01

I would think that avenue would be easier then going for amending the Act.

Just an idea - argonut
Roland ()
User Offline
Re:Bill 185 - Good? Bad? Insignificant? What do you think? 2007/06/06 07:45  
Well, I think we all know it just died on the order paper, see you after the election.

Good exposure for legislative changes... let's be ready next session.
_GEN_GOTOTOP Post Reply
contact webmaster