Skip to content

Narrow screen resolution Wide screen resolution Auto adjust screen size Increase font size Decrease font size Default font size default color brick color green color
CAFCOR Forum
_GEN_GOTOBOTTOM Post Reply
TOPIC:
wotan ()
User Offline
Re:Why ACMO does not take complaint from unit owner ? What is their objectives ? 2007/09/26 17:47  
Yvon wrote:

PMCs know that once unit Owners and Boards begin to truly look out for our own collective interests and begin to take an active role in the governance and management of our own communities, this will certainly mean the end of the industry's control over billions of dollars of unit Owner money and will spell the beginning of the end of the "gravy train".

The reason why my #1 suspect would want removal of the sign is becasue of the intention of CAFCOR to certify individual PMs. He is afraid that, even if he can get the certification (although he currently works for a PMC), that he could have it taken away if he does not look out for the best interests of the owners.

My #2 suspect will not like CAFCOR as she will not want to attend its Seminars or receive its designation (both of which owners may start demanding as I/We start teaching them their rights.) She already does not attend the Seminars being offered by other groups.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
denis ()
User Offline
Re:Why ACMO does not take complaint from unit owner ? What is their objectives ? 2007/10/07 22:46  
In the latest issue of Condominium Manager magazine, the executive director of ACMO writes: "In June an excellent strategic planning day was held. Answering the question 'How can ACMO best serve the interests of property managers across Ontario and, by extension, serve the interests of condominium owners?' directors focussed on more than the vision of ACMO and short- and long-term goals. Through dialogue they explored areas in which individual property managers might be assisted, such as increasing awareness of the value they bring, accessing support and tools, and developing social and professional connections".
Perhaps we should all get on the ACMO website -- www.acmo.org -- and ask them what they decided that would "serve the interests of condo owners" at that planning day!
Yvon ()
User Offline
Re:Why ACMO does not take complaint from unit owner ? What is their objectives ? 2007/10/08 12:27  
Now that I've regained my composure - Thanks for the brief interlude. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time. Oh my stomach hurts. Thanks Denis!
_GEN_GOTOTOP Post Reply
contact webmaster