Skip to content

Narrow screen resolution Wide screen resolution Auto adjust screen size Increase font size Decrease font size Default font size default color brick color green color
CAFCOR Forum
_GEN_GOTOBOTTOM Post Reply
TOPIC:
Mark ()
Software to Run Condominium Corporations 2007/07/18 19:13  
First of all - thank you all for contributing to the Forum. In particular I appreciate your prompt help with my question about the Reserve Fund Study.

Here come other technical questions:
  • do you know what kind of software your corporations are using?

• Is it specialized for Condominium management or is it an adopted general accounting package?

• Does it have the required functionality? If not what is missing?

• Are you happy with it?

• I'm in a 200+ units corporation, we are losing our PM and trying to re-evaluate every aspect of management. Obviously the software is a crucial component.

Thanks in advance for your input?

Mark
      The administrator has disabled public write access.
    doubleu ()
    Re:Software to Run Condominium Corporations 2007/07/18 20:07  
    Here's a link to CCI's discussion forum where this was the subject earlier.

We use MS Excel, which we programmed ourselves with our auditors help and it does everything we need it to do. By the way, we're self-managed.
    Jony ()
    Re:Software to Run Condominium Corporations 2007/07/18 23:05  
    Mark,
    I am a programmer and I started a small software company with others as well.You can ask me any technical question I will help you.
    I did not see any specific application so far that focus on entire condo world. Access,excel and some financial applications(such as MS money, quicken) are well known tool in condo world. if you really know what you are looking for let me know i can write it...you can use it for free.
    Also, I wrote online application for my condo,I can give it to you as well.....
    Mark ()
    Re:Software to Run Condominium Corporations 2007/07/19 17:07  
    any experience with the following packages:
    - Condo Manager
    - Buildium
    - TOPS Software's Property Management Software
    - IDEAS Property Clerk Enterprise Property Management Software
    - GraceSoft Easy Innkeeping Suite
    - CondoKeeper
    - Business Vision
    - TeXtra
    - HOA / Condo Management Software
    - Condominium Management solution from SoftBrands

- anything else

???

Mark
    Re:Software to Run Condominium Corporations 2007/07/23 23:39  
    My condo has been using a software from an ontario based company called mysuper.net. We actually use it in conjunction with another self-managed condo. We are a small building, but the price is on a monthly membership plan so quite affordable. You can check them out at www.mysuper.net (don't have a phone # or anything though).

We use their services in conjunction with quickbooks (for accounting)

So far we have only good things to say about them, might be worth looking into.

ATTENTION UNIT OWNERS AND DIRECTORS: PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT CAFCOR DOES NOT APPROVE OR DISAPPROVE OF "mysuper.net". AS WE ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS COMPANY WE CAN MAKE NO RECOMENDATION.
    Jan ()
    Re:Software to Run Condominium Corporations 2007/08/06 12:05  
    I typed reserve fund software into google and came up with a couple of interesting results.
    _GEN_GOTOTOP Post Reply
    contact webmaster